Reed's Farm is situated on the edge of George Washington National Forest 5 min from the Blue Ridge Parkway. It's the perfect rural getaway without feeling too far off the grid. You'll get the peaceful, remote country setting along with the high speed wifi and city amenities you're accustomed to. With the historic small city of Lynchburg, VA, just 30 minutes away, you can do both nature AND city exploring!Guest access
Ideal spot for any Blue Ridge parkway/mountain vacation with lots of land available for your use. Settle in at the farm or use as your home base to explore the area.
Feel free to bring your oversized vehicles, RV's, ATV's, horse trailers, campers, etc. As long as it can make its way on the 1/4 mi gravel driveway with a small hill at the end, it's welcome to park on the farm. ATV trails & horse trails in George Washington Forest are only 10 min away.
PETS: We allow up to 2 well behaved dogs and require the following agreements:
-Dogs will be crated when owners are not present. (we have a large dog crate available for your use!)
-Dogs will not get on the furniture.
-Dogs are up to date on all flea and tick treatments. (proof provided upon request)
***Here's what you can expect at Reed's Farm!
FRONT PORCH: table & chairs for 8 w/ umbrella, grill that has a propane side and a charcoal side plus a side firebox for indirect cooking/smoking food, (great for BBQ ribs, chicken, or brisket!) 2 rocking chairs, outdoor sofa, ceiling fan, pollinator garden, fresh herbs for cooking! (feel free to grab some!)
DINING ROOM: table & chairs for 8, game & puzzle cabinet
KITCHEN: stainless appliances (fridge, microwave, gas range, oven, dishwasher, toaster), pots/pans, salt & pepper, oil, dishware, & everything needed to cook basic meals.
LIVING ROOM: Sleeper sofa sectional (queen size), 55" Smart TV to log into your streaming apps, DVD player & some movies, accent chairs, books
HALL BATH: sink, toilet, shower/tub combo
MASTER BEDROOM #1: queen bed, dresser, desk, closet, & secret bar! (see photos)
MASTER BATH #1: dual shower, double sink vanity, toilet, heated tile floor
MASTER BEDROOM #2: king bed, smart TV, dresser, closet
MASTER BATH #2: sink w/ vanity, shower, toilet
BEDROOM #3: queen bed, custom loft bed with 2 twin mattresses, dresser, closet
BACK PORCH: rocking chairs + 4 sitting chairs, bin with yard games inside!
LAND: fire pit (please do not use on a windy day), hammock, climbing tree, jungle gym, fruit trees (help yourself if the fruit is ready), horse pasture, creek alongside tree line
POND: catch & release fishing allowed (stocked with blue gill, perch, large mouth bass, & catfish), swimming allowed at your own risk
DRIVEWAY & PARKING: The drive to the home is about 1/4 mile gravel driveway with a small hill at the end. There's plenty of parking once you arrive (you may park on the grass if there is no room left on the gravel).
CLIMATE CONTROL: central heat & air
1. NO SMOKING OR VAPING. You must be at least 25 ft away from the home and please dispose of all trash. We will impose an additional charge if our cleaning staff smells smoke after your stay.
2. NO EVENTS, GATHERINGS, OR PARTIES. No outside guests are allowed on the property without the permission of the hosts. We reserve this space for our confirmed, overnight guests.
3. UP TO 2 DOGS ALLOWED (see additional requirements above). Extra charges will be assigned if there is evidence of damage upon departure.
4. Quiet hours after 11pm for the neighbors, please.
5. Please FOLLOW CHECKOUT INSTRUCTIONS in the Guest Manual before departing.
6. SHOES OFF the carpet, sofa and rugs so that we may keep the house in top condition.
*We do not rent to anyone under the age of 25.
FISHING, SWIMMING, & JUNGLE GYM are all at your own risk.
Blue Ridge Pkwy: 5 min
Woodruff's Cafe & Pie Shop: 8 min (must visit!)
Appalachian Trail: 10 min
James River water access: 10 min
Groceries: 20 min
Downtown Lynchburg: (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) min
Liberty University: 31 min
University of Lynchburg: 31 min
Natural Bridge: 31 min
Ankida Ridge Vineyard & Winery: 32 min
Balcony Falls Trailhead: 32 min
Lynchburg Airport: 34 min
Virginia Military Institute (VMI): 45 min
AREA DAY TRIPS: Popular day trips include hiking along or driving the Blue Ridge Parkway, visiting the Appomattox Courthouse, Natural Bridge, Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, Virginia Safari Park, Liberty University's Snowflex Center (year round skiing & tubing), exploring historic downtown Lynchburg, visiting wineries.
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL GUEST SURCHARGES
1. No Party Policy: Airbnb/ (Hidden by Airbnb) have announced a ban on parties. Planning a party at this property will result in an early checkout and possible fines up to $ (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) Towel Convenience Fee: Please use the gray makeup removal wipes and washcloths provided in each bathroom to avoid the $30 convenience fee for bath towels permanently stained.
3. $200 Undisclosed Pet Fee: We love animals and we want to approve what furry friends you'll be bringing! If an extra pet is discovered on the property, a $200 additional fee plus any damages will be charged, and the pet(s) must be removed immediately.
GUESTS WILL HAVE USE OF THE ENTIRE HOME. During the warmer seasons, you may on occasion see the land being mowed.
HOSTED BY: Reed's Farm is a part of the All Belong Collective, a local small business dedicated to providing 5 star stays. Our team will take good care of you!
You'll have access to the entire farm except for the barns.Additional notes
There is a small chance that upon arriving, you may have a canine escort named Al who is our neighbor's dog. Al is sweet and harmless, but don't let him come in the house with you if he tries to show you inside. (You can call the number on his tag to let his owner know)Guest interaction
2. Since you're in the country, don't be alarmed if you hear some gunshots from hunters. (Hunting season starts in Sept)
Guests can reach out to our team through messaging or phone between 8am-11pm.